A backup is basically a data that you need to recreate for the company file and QuickBooks environment. This process saves the user in case of accidental data loss. Thus, it is recommended to create a backup at a regular basis. But when the user tries to create a backup in QuickBooks, a couple of errors might appear, due to error message like “QuickBooks unable to back up the company file” or “Backup failed” appears on the screen.
If you are also facing such error messages, then we recommend you to read the instructions below and try to solve the issue on your own. Or else, you can call our help desk at 1-800-969-7370, and ask our experts to fix the issue on your behalf.
Why this happens?
There are a couple of factors causing this issue, namely:
• The company file name exceeding the prescribed limit i.e. 65 characters
• Or if the file name contains a .ADR extension
• The user can also face certain issue if the company file is larger than 3 GB
• If the path of company file is too long
• The user is trying to save a backup to an external drive or flash drive
• QuickBooks is being scanned or used by another program
How to Fix Error: QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File?
You can Rename the company file to fix the error:
The user can easily shun off this error, by renaming the company file. The steps to be followed are:
• The very first step is to launch QuickBooks and open company file
• After that press F2 and Ctrl + 1
• The file name will appear with an ellipsis, if it is too long
• Then close QuickBooks
• And move to the location of the company file. Right click the windows start tab and then select file explorer
• Also, right click the file and select rename
• Now type in the new company file and hit enter.
• If asked to confirm, then click yes and you are good to go.
• From QuickBooks Tool Hub, Run Verify and Rebuild Data Utility
• You can verify the backup directory in the Program
• Backup Company file into an external or flash drive
• Use QuickBooks file doctor tool, from tool hub program
• Rename Network Data File
• Set up and install your QuickBooks Desktop
Reading the above-scribbled instructions can help in sorting out QuickBooks Unable to Backup Company File Error. However, you can also go for expert assistance, if you are unable to deal with the error. You can consult our QuickBooks pro technical support team at +1-800-969-7370 and they will provide you with the best solutions in the least possible time.